The Annual Information Technology Competition
What is the Information Technology Competition?
The Information Technology Competition is a forum where teams of students from various west coast universities apply their knowledge and skills in information technology to real-world business scenarios. Their work is analyzed, critiqued, and judged by industry professionals. In addition to the opportunity to win cash prizes, participants also gain contacts in the industry, valuable feedback on their work from professionals, and experience working in a business environment that includes competitive pressure, deadlines, and a team-oriented environment.
“Past winners and competitors have been offered internships and job opportunities.”
View Past ITC Case Studies
- 2013 Computer Programming Case Study
- 2013 Web Development Case Study
- 2013 Computer Forensics Case Study
- 2013 BSA Case Study
- 2013 Telecom Case Study
For the past 18 years, MISSA has hosted the annual Information Technology Competition (ITC). It is a competition where students are able to compete against other teams in real world IT scenarios, as well as meet and network with many professionals from different companies. We had 250 to 300 people attend this event.
The main purpose of the ITC is to help students develop critical skills in solving real business problems. With more than 50 companies sponsoring this event, students have been able to showcase their talents and have the opportunity to win prizes as well as network with the leading industry professionals.
This event has attracted much media attention as well as students from different backgrounds. We have been honored to have participants from many community colleges, universities, and countries - as the ITC had been attracting people from all over the world.
What are the goals of ITC?
- Create an opportunity for students to showcase their talent and abilities in the information technology field.
- Prepare students for employment by offering challenging, real world information technology business cases.
- Create a venue for students and employers to interact and network.
Students from various colleges compete in teams in one of five categories.
Win cash prizes:
- First Place: $800
- Second Place: $400
- Third Place: $200
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Get constructive feedback of work from industry professionals
- Business System Analysis
- Computer Forensics
- Computer Programming
- Web Applications Development
Before You Register - Some FAQ's
- How much is it to compete? Registration is $40 per person.
- How many members can a team have? Teams should have 4-5 members.
- What if I want to compete, but don't have a team? If you are a Cal Poly Student, e-mail the ITC Chair, and she may be able to place you on a team.
- What is the registration deadline? April 1st
- Is there any more information I can find regarding specifics of the competition? Yes. You may download full information regarding the competition that was covered in our Boot Camp event. Boot camp sessions.zip
--No open registration at the moment--
If you have additional questions, or suggestions for improving this page, please email the ITC Chair.
ITC Chair 2015: Benjamin Vargas